Melissa McEwan, of course, on the terrible bargain. My life as a woman, as a queer person, as a fat person, is not your thought experiment. (via sanitywatchers)
This really struck a chord. Even my boyfriend, feminist that he is, can have this reaction when I’m in tears after an NPR story. This is my fucking life. Excuse me if I can’t remove the personal.
I reblogged this before, but I like it a lot so I’m reblogging it again.
This whole thing is the reason why confrontations with people that I consider friends always leaves me crying. Like, I get so angry and so flustered because it’s not just some stupid game to me, like it is to them. It’s something that’s real and personal.
I will always reblog this.
Oh gosh, this.
This reminds me most vividly of that one time I was mad after some fucked up stuff was said in a class I was taking on feminism, and when my friends and I were talking about it after class, and I was vocal about how mad I was, some guy none of us knew who had literally just overheard us talking about “feminism” swept into this conversation no one invited him to and was like “oh great, I love talking about this kind of stuff!”
You bet your ass I didn’t let him get any farther with that bullshit - and this is why. You wanna talk about feminism? Cool. You wanna talk critically about feminism? Cool. But anyone who decides the best way to do that is by butting the fuck into a conversation between three strange women one of whom is talking about how angry she is and being so fucking eager to speak to this one “emotional woman” is going to be held suspect.
And especially when what made me so mad about the class discussion in the first place was ignorant what-about-the-men shit that kept coming up over and over - and this asshole knew that.
- newcannonballblues likes this
- between-the-cheats reblogged this from seagreenseeblu
- seagreenseeblu reblogged this from stephascocktopus
- stephascocktopus reblogged this from stephascocktopus
- bijoudraconem likes this
- awkwardanne4 likes this
- hidden-hermione likes this
- acomfortablecupofcoffee reblogged this from sezzadarling
- sezzadarling reblogged this from wake-up-flaw-less
- fearless-dreamer likes this
- emmafernn likes this
- astralfaerie likes this
- respexual likes this
- commiemisandrist reblogged this from toughtink
- sheworediamondsinthelibrary likes this
- wishworm likes this
- ginnynandes reblogged this from murphels
- iwaitwhat likes this
- the-battered-hearts likes this
- pussyfluer reblogged this from girldeath
- onhava likes this
- dustyhalo reblogged this from pervocracy
- josephroulin likes this
- prplemarker reblogged this from misterhaderach
- super-vitamin reblogged this from sanitywatchers
- dissymetrique likes this
- cappucheno likes this
- channellingebert likes this
- ep1thymy reblogged this from fen-1994
- finiam likes this
- finiam reblogged this from fen-1994
- fen-1994 reblogged this from kierkegaardandkantandcocoa
- kierkegaardandkantandcocoa reblogged this from pervocracy
- dream-goth likes this
- la-une likes this
- erinandrewsofficial likes this
- c-ntr-st likes this
- artblackafrica reblogged this from meh-chelle
- classyitalians likes this
- herrokate reblogged this from gemdol
- magicalgirlsunite likes this
- femmefatale009 likes this
- liolibolo likes this
- pyrosmile reblogged this from downbythebay4
- pyrosmile likes this
- downbythebay4 reblogged this from thebitchqueenofangmar
- schylazeal reblogged this from detectiveb0nghitz
- kokoronoir likes this
THIS SITE IS BEST VIEWED ON MOZILLA FIREFOX WITH A SCREEN RESOLUTION OF 1280 X 800.