Melissa McEwan, of course, on the terrible bargain. My life as a woman, as a queer person, as a fat person, is not your thought experiment. (via sanitywatchers)
This really struck a chord. Even my boyfriend, feminist that he is, can have this reaction when I’m in tears after an NPR story. This is my fucking life. Excuse me if I can’t remove the personal.
I reblogged this before, but I like it a lot so I’m reblogging it again.
This whole thing is the reason why confrontations with people that I consider friends always leaves me crying. Like, I get so angry and so flustered because it’s not just some stupid game to me, like it is to them. It’s something that’s real and personal.
I will always reblog this.
Oh gosh, this.
This reminds me most vividly of that one time I was mad after some fucked up stuff was said in a class I was taking on feminism, and when my friends and I were talking about it after class, and I was vocal about how mad I was, some guy none of us knew who had literally just overheard us talking about “feminism” swept into this conversation no one invited him to and was like “oh great, I love talking about this kind of stuff!”
You bet your ass I didn’t let him get any farther with that bullshit - and this is why. You wanna talk about feminism? Cool. You wanna talk critically about feminism? Cool. But anyone who decides the best way to do that is by butting the fuck into a conversation between three strange women one of whom is talking about how angry she is and being so fucking eager to speak to this one “emotional woman” is going to be held suspect.
And especially when what made me so mad about the class discussion in the first place was ignorant what-about-the-men shit that kept coming up over and over - and this asshole knew that.
- sugar-h0ney-iced-t3a reblogged this from insearchofyellowumbrellas
- happilymarriedtowifi likes this
- insearchofyellowumbrellas reblogged this from thatfeministdyke
- rocknlobster likes this
- splinteredstar likes this
- splinteredstar reblogged this from veleda-k
- veleda-k reblogged this from pervocracy
- simplyvisiting likes this
- jepeuxjouirsurtonvisage likes this
- aranrhod likes this
- nyehilism reblogged this from somekindofdebauchery
- adventuresofaraisin reblogged this from gayradandvegan
- somekindofdebauchery likes this
- somekindofdebauchery reblogged this from gayradandvegan
- gayradandvegan reblogged this from thatfeministdyke
- svveetserialkiller likes this
- radovci likes this
- my-little-dark-dynamite reblogged this from vicanlp
- greenskyoverme reblogged this from tinuqin
- rocktoberfest2014 likes this
- verdanthandshake reblogged this from validcriticism
- thedeadlybutterfly reblogged this from validcriticism
- atriawest likes this
- validcriticism reblogged this from thatfeministdyke
- cicada07 likes this
- danielleneedsanewurl reblogged this from heartsthoughtsstuff
- fragile-devotion likes this
- sillylittledreams reblogged this from heartsthoughtsstuff
- heartsthoughtsstuff reblogged this from tinuqin
- tinuqin reblogged this from thatfeministdyke
- dinomancer likes this
- thorjammer reblogged this from spiderlillian
- spiderlillian reblogged this from sanitywatchers
- foreverspectator likes this
- foreverspectator reblogged this from thatfeministdyke
- anria reblogged this from firstfairytale
- hillaritea reblogged this from sodisarmingdarling
- bad--art likes this
- madeye7 reblogged this from bnwthathassuchpeopleinit
- firstfairytale reblogged this from leeran
- herprivatearchipelago likes this
- rachelevation76 reblogged this from semanthics
- rachelevation76 likes this
- semanthics reblogged this from lamalotta
- wizardrymagic likes this
- lamalotta reblogged this from thatfeministdyke
- mallorykramer reblogged this from madisleeps
- mallorykramer likes this
- ms-millie likes this
- morextrememe reblogged this from thatfeministdyke
THIS SITE IS BEST VIEWED ON MOZILLA FIREFOX WITH A SCREEN RESOLUTION OF 1280 X 800.